Fitness on the Fly
Fitness on the Fly is a personalized fitness experience for members of the KSU Community including teams, clubs, departments, and classes. We can accommodate groups with a variety of requests including Zumba®, yoga, strength and conditioning, and more! Requests for a minimum of 5 participants can be a one-time program or in a series.
How Does This Work?
Based on your request, we build specialized programs to meet your needs. We will provide nationally certified instructors and/or trainers for your program. We may also be able to provide equipment, music, etc.
Who Is This Open To?
Student organizations, teams, departments, or any other groups part of the KSU Community. Guests are eligible to attend Fitness on the Fly programs hosted by a KSU affiliate.
When Can I Do This?
You will select your preferred program date and time. If we do not have staff available, we will work with you to find a satisfactory alternative.
Where Is This?
Our instructors and trainers are willing to travel to the on-campus location of your preference. For some, this might be a classroom, the Campus Green, or a space in a Residence Hall. You may also be able to request a space in one of our Recreational Facilities.
How Do I Make A Request?
Complete the Fitness on the Fly Request Form and one of our OwlFit members will reach out to you to confirm the details of your request and provide a quote.
Fitness on the Fly Request Form
For questions regarding this form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for Fitness on the Fly Programs
- An OwlFit staff member will respond to the initial request within five (5) business days via email.
- The requester will be provided with a program quote.The program request will not be confirmed until the quote has been returned to the OwlFit staff member listed on the quote with all required signatures. Confirmation will be sent to the requestor via email.
- If outside of Department of Sports and Recreation facilities, the requester is solely responsible for the space reservation and other items not included on the quote. If the space is not properly reserved the day of the program and restricts the ability to implement the program, the requester will still be responsible for payment of the entire program.
- Programs will be developed according to the organization’s goals and objectives.
- The contact person is required to be on-site and available for the entire duration of the program.
- Paperwork: Each participant must complete individual paperwork that will be given to the contact person to distribute to the group. Required paperwork may include but is not limited to: Medical/Health History Form, Waiver of Liability, Photo Release, and a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire.
- Age Requirement: All participants must be at least 18 years old to participate. Minors will be permitted with a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- Attire: All participants are required to wear proper clothing depending the nature of the activity. OwlFit staff will provide clothing recommendations.
- All participants are bound to the KSU Policy on Drugs and Alcohol.
- Cell phones will be prohibited during structured activity/instruction time.
- All participants must abide by OwlFit Group Exercise Etiquette and Guidelines outlined on the Department of Sports and Recreation Website.
- Should one or more of the following occur that necessitates either a change or a cancellation
to the program, the requester will remain responsible for full payment:
- Failure on the part of the requester to provide required space and/or equipment.
- Inaccurate participant count that exceeds the instructor’s capacity.
- Failure to abide by all policies and guidelines outlined in Kennesaw State University Event Management System, OwlFit Group Exercise Etiquette and Guidelines, Fitness on the Fly Program guidelines, and Sports and Recreation facility guidelines.
- Instructor deems the hosting site to be an unsafe environment.
- Failure of requester and/or participants to complete appropriate paperwork.
- Participants do not meet the age requirement and/or attire requirements
- Payment: An invoice will be provided after confirmation of the program to the contact person. Payment must be received before or within three business days of the program. Please note that cancellation less than 48 hours will be subject to a cancellation fee.
Last updated 10/10/2018