All currently registered Club Sport athletes have access to the services of Luke Lammert, our Certified Athletic Trainer.
Certified Athletic trainers (ATCs) are highly qualified, multi-skilled health care professionals who render service or treatment, under the direction of or in collaboration with a physician, in accordance with their education, training and the state's statutes, rules and regulations. As a part of the health care team, services provided by athletic trainers include primary care, injury and illness prevention, wellness promotion and education, emergent care, examination and clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions.
As the service is covered by student fees, there is no extra cost for the provided treatments. The services Luke provides include:
- Evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of orthopedic injuries
- Referral to Pinnacle Orthopedics
- Development of injury prevention programs
- Concussion evaluation, management, and return to play protocol
- Manual therapy techniques such as:
- Cupping (Static and Functional)
- Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM, or scraping)
- Active release
- Therapeutic modalities such as:
- Electrical Stimulation
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- NormaTec Recovery Boots
- Low Level Laser Therapy
The Athletic Training Office is in the Owls Nest. Please schedule an appointment with Luke by emailing email@example.com.
3220 Busbee Drive
Kennesaw, GA 30144