Whatever your goals, our Personal Trainers will create a training program that fits
your style. The Personal Training program is a physical, psychological, and emotional
experience designed not only to make you feel more powerful, but to educate and inspire
you to take a greater role in your personal fitness.
Personal Training is available to all KSU Rec members including students, faculty,
staff, and alumni. You can expect a high quality of care, good customer service, and
an excellent training programs at an affordable rate.
OwlFit Personal Training Resources
Small Group Offerings:
About Small Group Training
Are you looking to learn something new, work on your fitness, and meet some new friends
along the way? We offer small group trainings at an affordable rate.
Each small group will meet twice a week for a total of six weeks. The group training
costs $100 for the six week training program, equating to $8-9/hour. Small Group Training
registration begins Tuesday, January 10, 2017 located in the Dr. Betty Siegel Student
Recreation and Activities Center. Visit us in the Administrative Office Suites, Room
1101 for more information and your registration packets.
- Spots are limited and are first come first serve! You must fill out the registration
packet before paying for the small group training.
Kettlebell Small Group Training
Sign up for our new small group training workshop led by our OwlFit Personal Trainers!
Kettlebell Small Group Training is a 6-week progressive workshop that will teach you
the basic principles of using kettlebells safely and effectively in the gym. The workshop
will improve your strength, mobility, and cardiovascular fitness as well. Learn proper
form and technique for the Kettlebell Swing, Clean and Press, Snatch, Half Get Up
and more. This class will certainly get you sweating with a total body workout while
learning the basics.
Class Dates: Febuary 6th - March 16th
[Mondays & Thursdays, 6-7pm]
Where: Activity Room 3, Kennesaw Campus
Register at the Dr. Betty Siegel Student Recreation and Activities Center, in the
Administrative Office Suites, room 1101. Make note to register soon, availability is limited to 8 participants.*
Women N' Weights Small Group Training
Calling all ladies! Come and learn how to use various pieces of equipment for strength
training including barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, TRX, and more! This is a 6-week
progressive workshop which meets twice a week once for lecture and once for a workout.
Time and Dates TBD
Meet Our Personal Trainers:
- CERTIFICATION / TRAININGS: American College of Sport Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer & American Heart
Association BLS (CPR/AED) certified
- MAJOR: Senior, B.S. in Exercise Science
- FUN FACT: “When I was about 15, I weighed 300 pounds. So, I decided one day I was going change
that, and I lost over 100 pounds by my senior year of High School. This transformation
is what lead me to KSU to obtain my degree so I can help others achieve their goals.”
- FAVORITE FITNESS ACTIVITIES: “I’m up for anything, but I truly love strength training, I also love the outdoors
so hiking, kayaking, & backpacking are something else I truly enjoy.”
- QUOTE: “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath, then you will be successful.” -Eric Thomas
“When I’m not hitting the weights in the gym, I love hiking and backpacking the Appalachian
Trail in the Great Smoky Mountains with friends.”
- CERTIFICATIONS / TRAININGS: NASM National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer, American Red
Cross CPR/AED/First Aid
- MAJOR: Senior, B.S. in Exercise Science
- FUN FACT: "I can make a mean PB&J.. or a nice one."
- FAVORITE FITNESS ACTIVITIES: "My favorite fitness activity is weightlifting, but I enjoy any kind of physical
activity whether kayaking or playing with my dog. I also really enjoy circuit training!"
- FAVORITE QUOTE: "Progress not Perfection"
"To me, being healthy is about finding what fits your schedule and style and what
you enjoy. Being healthy goes beyond having a 5% body fat, only eating kale and grilled
chicken, lifting weights 7x a week and doing insane amounts of cardio. Being health
means not only participating in physical activity but being healthy mentally and emotionally.
Be healthy, enjoy what you are doing and most importantly... HAVE FUN!"
- CERTIFICATIONS / TRAININGS: National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer & American
Red Cross First Aid/ CPR/ AED
- MAJOR: B.S. in Exercise Science & M.A.T in Secondary Mathematics candidate
- FUN FACT: "I won the first ever Georgia Savage Race and my trophy was and axe!"
- FAVORITE FITNESS ACTIVITIES: "I have a passion for running! I have ran races of many distances up through a marathon!"
- QUOTE: "Hard Work Pays Off"
"Ruth is running fast as she sets her 5K PR of 19:15!"
- CERTIFICATIONS / TRAININGS: ACE Certified Personal Trainer & American Red Cross CPR /AED
- MAJOR: Sophomore, B.S. in Exercise Science
- FUN FACT: "I started my fitness journey when I was 17 years old, I weighed 240 pounds. Over
the next year, I lost 60 pounds and found my passion for fitness and living a healthy
- FAVORITE FITNESS ACTIVITIES: "My favorite fitness activities include weight training, running outside and fishing."
- QUOTE: "Strength does not come from winning, your struggles develop your strengths. When
you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
"One of my favorite exercises is the close grip pull-ups. They are great for building
size and strength in your back!"
- CERTIFICATION / TRAININGS: American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer & American Red Cross
- MAJOR: Junior, B.S. Science, Exercise Science
- FUN FACT: "I was a ballet dancer for about 7 years and I actually wanted to become a professional
dancer until I found my passion with fitness."
- FAVORITE FITNESS ACTIVITIES: "I still love to take some ballet and dance classes when I can. I also enjoy Pilates,
taking walks with my family, running, and strength training.
- QUOTE: "I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and
succeed" - Robert H. Schuller
[ Meredith performing back rows using one of her favorite pieces of workout equipment,
the TRX ]
- CERTIFICATIONS / TRAININGS: International Sports Science Association (ISSA) Personal Trainer, Precision Nutrition
(PN1) Certified, American Red Crpss CPR/ AED/ First Aid
- FUN FACT: " I don't like shoes. I usually don't wear them."
- FAVORITE FITNESS ACTIVITIES: "My favorite fitness activity is weight lifting. I also enjoy playing soccer and
jumping on trampolines."
- QUOTE: "A river cuts through rock, not because of it's power, but because of it's persistence." - Jim Watkins
"I love getting outdoors and getting a workout in nature."