Check out the group exercise class offerings for the Spring 2018 semester. Instructor-led fitness classes are offered in a variety of different formats, including: Yoga, Cycling, Tabata Power, Zumba, HIIT IT, TRX Strong, Bootcamp, Beginner's Strength & more!
Fitness classes are free to KSU students and recreation members. We recommend that you arrive 15 minutes early to fitness class sessions with your KSU ID.
Spring 2018: GX Schedule
Group Exercise Class Descriptions
Looking to take your workout routine to the next level? You will never find yourself bored with your fitness regimen with a wide variety of fitness class formats that focus on: Mind & Body, Strength & Conditioning, Cardio and Specialty. You must provide your KSU and/or membership ID to participate in class sessions.
Not sure what workout is for you? View Group Exercise Class Descriptions for a detailed layout of each fitness class format.
Class Attendance and Arrival
Participants are encouraged to arrive 5-10 minutes before class start time, especially if you are new to the format. Entry may be denied for those that are late. Certain limitations may apply based on room size and equipment availability.
- You must bring your KSU and/or membership ID to participate in the class.
OwlFit Group Exercise Ettiquette and Guidelines
- Classes will begin PROMPTLY at the time stated on the schedule. Entry may be denied to those that are late.
- Participants are expected to act responsibly and respect the rights of others.
- Personal belongings should be secured prior to the start of class and off of the fitness floor.
- Please report injuries and facility or equipment problems to the Department of Sports and Recreation staff immediately.
- Participants are expected to arrive on time for class and to stay through the cool down.
- Participants that arrive after the warm up may be denied entry and/or asked to leave.
- Do not interrupt a class in progress to retrieve equipment from a studio. If there is a particular piece of equipment you would like from in the studio, please contact a staff member to see if it is available elsewhere.
- Participants are expected to return all equipment to its proper location after use.
- DO NOT drop dumbbells or other equipment on the floors as it may cause damage. Use a weight that you can safely lower to the floor or ask for assistance.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Appropriate attire is required.
- Dispose of trash in appropriate containers.
- Participants are strongly recommended to bring a personal exercise towel.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate closed-toed athletic shoes for group exercise classes. The exception would be at the direction of the instructor and/or during mind and body classes.
- Only the Group Exercise Instructor may adjust the stereo equipment.
- All patrons participate at their own risk.
Group Exercise Special Events
- New Year's Yoga:
It's a time to clarify your intentions for the coming year. Come steep in the wisdom of your heart and nourish your most auspicious desires for the coming year. All levels welcome.
- When: Thursday, February 1st
- Where: Wilson Student Center, Ballroom A | Marietta Campus
- Time: 5:30-7:00pm
- Glow in the Dark Cycling:
Love the way your body feels as we spin in neon lights to exciting playlists! We encourage you to dress in neon colors to illuminate this workout session. Glow sticks will be provided. There is a maximum of 45 participants-- first come, first serve.
- When: Tuesday, February 27th
- Where: SRAC, Cycling Studio | Kennesaw Campus
- Time: 7:30-9:00pm
- Zumba Dance Party:
Ready to dance through the end of the semester? Shake it and start your finals right by coming to out Zumba Party!
- When: Tuesday, April 17th
- Where: SRAC, MAC Gym | Kennesaw Campus
- Time: 7:30-9:00pm
- New Year's Yoga: