The Climbing Gym offers 3,722 square feet of climbing space that includes a 15’ bouldering wall, 47’ climbing tower, and climbing instructional sessions with trained staff. The tower supports both top rope and lead climbing with 14 separate belay bars great for both novice and advanced climbers.
Regular Semester HoursBreak/Summer Hours
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Try Climb Nights [Thursdays]
Don't have a belay partner? Try Climb nights are hosted every Thursday night from 5-8pm. Trained staff will be available to belay beginner and advanced climbers during these events. This is a great opportunity for patrons who are not Belay Certified to try Top Rope climbing on the tower without taking a belay test.
Rock on Rentals [Tuesdays]
Every Tuesday from 11:00am-3:30pm, all freshman and sophomores will be able to rent shoes and a chalk bag for no additional cost. Juniors and seniors will be able to rent gear for free from 3:30pm-8:00pm. All members must have a valid student ID that states their class year.
Top Rope Belay Fundamentals ClassBy appointment, a clinic is held at the Climbing Gym that teaches the fundamentals of belaying and climbing. During this class, new belayers will learn the necessary skills needed in order to pass the Top Rope Belay Qualification Test. Belay checkoffs are offered to belayers with prior belaying experience.
BOO-Lder BAT-tle [October 29]On October 29, 4:00pm-7:00pm, get into the spirit of Halloween with a competition that is an Add-On tournament style!
What is included?
At the KSU Climbing Gym students will have access to the boulder and tower. Students are also able to request any of the following offerings at no additional cost:
- Top rope belay instructional course ✻
- Top rope belay test ✻
- Lead climb/belay instructional course ✻✻
- Lead climb belay test ✻✻
- Climbing harness
- Belay device
- Quick draw rack
- Lead climbing rope
✻ : Belay course and test are available upon request
✻✻ : Lead climbing course and test available by appointment only
Students may also request the following offerings at a nominal fee:
- Climbing shoe & chalk package | $2
What is required?
- You must have your KSU ID with you to check into the climbing gym
- You must be a fee paying student, have a facility membership, or purchase a guest pass at the Outdoor Adventures desk for $5 and be accompanied by a fee paying student or facility member.
- Belay certifications are not required to access the bouldering wall or to request an instructional session.
- Patrons who have not taken a belay test are able to climb the tower during Try Climb nights when additional staff are available to belay.
- To utilize the tower during open climb hours, you must pass a top rope belay test. Belay tests are administered upon request at no additional cost.
KSU Climbing Gym User Procedures