The Climbing Gym offers 3,722 square feet of climbing space that includes a 15’ bouldering wall, 47’ climbing tower, and climbing instructional sessions with trained staff. The tower supports both top rope and lead climbing with 14 separate belay bars great for both novice and advanced climbers.
Regular Semester HoursBreak/Summer Hours
Saturday & Sunday: ClosedMonday-Friday: 12pm-6pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Spring 2017 Special Events
A Night by the Campfire | Thursday, April 13, 2017
Enjoy a wonderful night warming up by the fire, making s'mores and making friends!
- Date & Time: Thursday, April 13, 2017 | 6-11pm
- Event Location: Field b/w Howell & Norton
Trivia Night | Thursday, April 20, 2017
Gather your friends to create a team that can crush trivia that will cover general knowledge, pop culture and climbing wisdom.
- Date & Time: Thursday, April 20, 2017 | 6-8pm
- Event Location: Climbing Gym
FINALS - Add-On Competition Series | Wednesday, April 26, 2017
This is the final competition in the series of the previous add-on competitions. All of the points gained from the competitions will be added together and prizes will be awarded to those with the highest combined points.
Date & Time: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 | 6:00pm
Event Location: Climbing Gym
Nature Bound Climbing Trips
Once you have spent some time climbing with us indoors, try climbing outdoors with Nature Bound. These trips will take you to some of the most amazing natural climbing areas in the south east.
Spring 2017 Climbing Trips with Nature Bound:
- March 18 -19, 2017 • Top Rope Climbing | Sandrock, AL | $35
- April 23, 2017 • Lead Climbing | Foster Falls, TN | $23
*Student Pricing listed. See detailed trip descriptions below for other pricings
✻ To register for a Climbing Trip online, click here: Climbing Trip Registration or visit the front desk in the Outdoor Adventures Suite at the Betty L. Siegel Student Activities and Recreation Center.
Don't have a belay partner? Try Climb nights are hosted every Thursday night from 6-8pm. Trained staff will be available to belay patrons during these events. This is a great opportunity for patrons who are not Belay Certified to try Top Rope climbing on the tower without taking a belay test.
What is included?
At the KSU Climbing Gym students will have access to the boulder and tower. Students are also able to request any of the following offerings at no additional cost:
- Top rope belay instructional course ✻
- Top rope belay test ✻
- Lead climb/belay instructional course ✻✻
- Lead climb belay test ✻✻
- Climbing harness
- Belay device
- Quick draw rack
- Lead climbing rope
✻ : Belay course and test are available upon request
✻✻ : Lead climbing course and test available by appointment only
Students may also request the following offerings at a nominal fee:
- Climbing shoe & chalk package | $2
What is required?
- You must have your KSU ID with you to check into the climbing gym
- You must be a fee paying student, have a facility membership, or purchase a guest pass at the Outdoor Adventures desk for $5 and be accompanied by a fee paying student or facility member.
- Belay certifications are not required to access the bouldering wall or to request an instructional session.
- Patrons who have not taken a belay test are able to climb the tower during Try Climb nights when additional staff are available to belay.
- To utilize the tower during open climb hours, you must pass a top rope belay test. Belay tests are administered upon request at no additional cost.
KSU Climbing Gym User Procedures